Search This Blog

Thursday 27 October 2011

You're not gonna foggetcha this focaccia!

Welcome to the official blog....Leave it to Lucia!


I couldn't think of a better way to start this blog, then with my favourite focaccia recipe.  This fluffy, moist, bread is a go - to recipe.  Served warm or cold it is sure to become a hit at your next family dinner.    This is a simple, yet delicious recipe and I know you will thank me!

Focaccia Bread

3 Cups of Flour
1 Boiled Potato, mashed
1 TBSP Salt
1/2 TBSP Sugar
5 tsp Active DryYeast
1 1/4 Cups of lukewarm water

Toppings:

1/2 Cup Olive Oil (separated)
1 Cup cherry/grape tomatoes or romas cut up into quarters
1/2 TBSP Salt

-You can also try:
-Mixed grilled veggies, peppers, zucchini , onions, mushrooms, etc.  be creative!!
-Fresh rosemary, olive oil, salt (this is a great appetizer, with olive oil and balsamic vinegar dipping sauce)
-Red grapes, (i know this sounds funny, trust me here....) salt, fresh rosemary


-Dissolve sugar in water. Add yeast. Let sit a few minutes until foamy.
-Place flour in a large bowl. Add mashed potato and salt.
-Mix batter and knead very well, the more you knead the better it will turn out! The dough should be smooth and tacky, not hard and dry.  Cover with plastic wrap and a dish towel over the plastic.  Forget about it for a while, and get to the dishes.......
-Once it has doubled in volume, pour  1/4 cup of olive oil into 9x13 pan
-Mix batter in pan, spreading gently to outer corners with your fingers (no rolling pin required!)
-Arrange cut tomatoes on top of batter. sprinkle with salt and oregano. Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup of  olive oil on top
- Bake 30-40 min @ 400' until golden
- Serve warm or cold, you probably wont have any left to eat cold though......

Enjoy!






11 comments:

  1. this will be a great blog,,,love the kitchen as much as you do and i am sure we will enjoy the recipes & comments,,,great recipe to start,,,
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. This focaccia is AMAZING!! Lucia, everytime I make it everyone asks for the recipe:) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you Lucia! Your blog looks great. Your recipe's are always amazing I will be sure to follow you so I never miss a bite :)

    xo
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. please make me some and send it over--Thank you in advance---Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think were on to something big here! Your food and presentation is always so amazing and inviting, its always my pleasure to try your dishes that you make with so much love. This blog is way over due! Watch out Rachel Ray!
    Good for you!
    Stefano Amato.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! I hope you will enjoy it!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this focaccia recipe! You are so kind to share it! And love the blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Made your cookie recipe from cooking class so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just made some for dinner tonight and it was A-MAZING!! I did one half with a sweet thai chili sauce topping and the other your way...so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you liked it! We go nuts for it too. I will have to try it your way!

    ReplyDelete