Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 January 2012

Happy 2012!

So Sorry.....


I've been on Blogcation and have been enjoying my beautiful kids and family for the holidays. I don't know about you, but with every New Year that passes, I get an overwhelming need to de-clutter, reorganize, and get organized! Wish me luck, I really am going to try hard to pursue my New Years resolution this year past January 2nd......LOL!

When I was grocery shopping today, they had all their fresh cranberries on sale.  I usually use sweetened dry cranberries in this muffin recipe, but I wanted to try using fresh, since they were available.  What a hit.  These muffins are one of our familys favorites, and with the addition of the tart little burst of fresh cranberries along with fresh orange, they are truly wonderful.  Enjoy!

Best wishes to you all for a year full of blessings, health and happiness.
XO
Lucia


                                               CRANBERRY ORANGE MUFFINS

1 entire orange, cut into quarters
1/2 cup orange juice
1 cup fresh cranberries or 1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 egg
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup sugar

Preheat oven to 375'
Place orange, orange juice,  egg and butter in a blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth.  This will be very thick.  Combine all your dry ingredients in a large bowl, and mix together.  Add cranberries, and then add all of the wet ingreedients to the dry.  Mix just until moistened.  The batter will be very thick.  I love to use my pampered chef large scoop and scoop onto 12 muffin tins lined with muffin cups.  Bake for about 15 minutes.  Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment