Search This Blog

Monday 5 November 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

You know me......I can't throw anything away when it comes to food.  I just hate being wasteful, and I like to be creative in trying to use things up without having to throw them away.

The kids carved their pumpkins for Halloween night, but on Nov. 1st, mom was peeling and chopping up Mr. Jack o lantern into bits.  I cubed some and froze it, which I will use to make pumpkin Chili  (will post it soon....) The rest I placed in the oven flesh side down on a baking sheet, roasted for about an hour  and once it cooled, simply scooped it into a bowl, gave it a quick whirl with my hand blender and packed it into 2 cup portions in ziplock bags so I could make these fabulous little muffins all year long.


                                                  Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins


Makes 24 muffins


4 eggs
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 cups grated pumpkin, cooked and mashed pumpkin or canned pumpkin
1 1/2 cups vegetable or canola oil

Mix all of the above very well in a large bowl until smooth.

Combine in another bowl:

3 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips

Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture.  Don't over mix, but mix until well combined.

Bake@ 400' in 24 paper lined muffin tins for 15-20 minutes

Enjoy the warm smell of cinnamon and pumpkin wafting through the house.......








No comments:

Post a Comment